# Connect to the Deployment with MQTT X
This article will introduce using MQTT X as an MQTT client testing tool to connect the deployment of EMQX Cloud.
MQTT X (opens new window) simplifies the operation logic of the page with the help of chatting software. The user can quickly create a connection to save and establish multiple connection clients at the same time. It is convenient for the user to quickly test the connection of
MQTT/WebSocket Publish / Subscribe functions and other features.
Before downloading and installing, please visit our website (opens new window) or GitHub (opens new window) to get the latest version information. The latest version helps to improve the using experience. If you are familiar with this project, you can also directly clone MQTT X (opens new window) repository source code, package and use it yourself. During using, if you have any questions, you can go to GitHub issues (opens new window) to post questions and opinions or Fork our project, and submit a revised PR to us, We will carefully review and reply.
# Connection configuration
# Broker information
Get the connection address and port in the Deployment Overview (the following xxxxx represents a random port, the specific port information please refer to the information on the deployment overview page).
- Professional plan address: IP; port: 1883(mqtt), 8083(ws) is enabled by default, you can enable port 8883(mqtts) and 8084(wss) by configuring TLS/SSL
- Standard plan address: domain name ending with emqx.cloud suffix; port: xxxxx (mqtt), xxxxx (ws), xxxxx (mqtts), xxxxx (wss)
All deployments of EMQX Cloud have user authentication enabled, so when using MQTT X to test the connection, you need to fill in the Username and Password fields.
Set the Username and Password in
Authentication & ACL>
Authentication, which can be added one by one, or can be imported at once
- Connect to deployment with MQTT protocol
- Connect to the deployment with the WebSocket protocol
- Connect to deployment with MQTT over TLS/SSL protocol
- Connect to deployment with WebSocket over TLS/SSL protocol
# Name & Client ID
The name is an identification of this connection, the client ID has been filled in by default, and you can click the refresh icon on the right to refresh. After filling in the appeal information correctly, click the connect button in the upper right corner to connect to the EMQX Cloud deployment.
- For more subscription, publishing and other functions, please refer to: MQTT X Guideline (opens new window)
- MQTT X Script Function Tutorial (opens new window)
- MQTT X - an elegant cross-platform MQTT 5.0 desktop client (opens new window)